Wednesday, January 27, 2016

I Don't Have the Patience or the Time

Dear family and friends,

This was an alright week. We went to Kingsley's place yesterday morning at about 10:30 and woke him up. I had called him earlier in the week and he had said he didn't want to start something he could finish and he didn't think he could do all the things to become a member. I wanted to see him cause it's easier to talk and help someone face to face. So we talked to him yesterday and it went fine. His best is obviously good enough and so it's a matter of him wanting to do it and trying etc.

Happy and Christian got baptized on Saturday. It went super well. A lot of Italian members came and supported them. so that was great. I brought some clementines and gingerbread cookie things. And I was the only person who brought everything. Clementines have gotten me out of so many binds. Haha

Happy birthday, Grandma Low.:)

Jonas keep wrestling. Don't quit until after the season and then if you don't like it. You don't have to do it again. Now my you be. You are the man.

Congrats on going to region or/and state Jacob and Lucy. That's awesome.

Church was good I gave a talk in the American sacrament meeting. I also gave a talk at the baptism about the Holy Ghost. I talked about my experience and testimony as a missionary and tried to help the members with the how. In missionary work. I'll copy some notes so you get an idea.

The gift of the Holy Ghost.
There are a few things I have a testimony of. A strong testimony,. The Holy Ghost being one of those. I have felt its power in my life. It's not something thought of or imagined. It's very powerful. It has comforted me. Led and guided me. And is one of the sweetest joys I have felt. 
Jesus's words about the Holy Ghost:
31 ¶Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
Holy Ghost member of the godhead.
25 And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.
26 And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord’s Christ.
We receive revelation by the Holy Ghost. He is the master teacher. You may learn something completely different in a lesson or while reading the scriptures. The goal as missionaries is for the Holy Ghost to be the teacher.
I have seen the difference with and without the Holy Ghost 
Pen activity
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
The Holy Ghost has brought peace into my life. This church and this gospel has molded me into something much better. 
Pay attention and you will see the differences of the Holy Ghost in your life. Follow him and he will help you do the will of God.
Anziano Gridley. Syracuse Utah. Ping pong. Theater. Choir. French. I'm one of seven and I'm the oldest. I would sometimes tell mom that she should have stopped with one perfect child. No I have little brothers who are the nephis in the family haha. Meat and potatoes.
Think about why we do missionary work. Why we have the gospel and the church. Next family home evening. Ponder those questions. Because if we don't understand. There is no motivation. 
Be a great missionary. Step 1 I struggle with members.
These missionaries are persistent. They want to find someone to teach. I'm a do it myself kind of a guy. I try be someone Who doesn't ask anyone else to do something I'm not willing to do.I will do it myself.
The statistics. More investigators are found by missionaries. More baptisms happen for friends of members.
The best finding is done with members

Practice the lessons
Work with ringo and that family
Alma 1 And now, it came to pass that Alma, who had fled from the servants of king Noah, repented of his sins and iniquities, and went about privately among the people, and began to teach the words of Abinadi--
2 Yea, concerning that which was to come, and also concerning the resurrection of the dead, and the redemption of the people, which was to be brought to pass through the power, and sufferings, and death of Christ, and his resurrection and ascension into heaven.
3 And as many as would hear his word he did teach. And he taught them privately, that it might not come to the knowledge of the king. And many did believe his words.
4 And it came to pass that as many as did believe him did go forth to a place which was called Mormon, having received its name from the king, being in the borders of the land having been infested, by times or at seasons, by wild beasts.
5 Now, there was in Mormon a fountain of pure water, and Alma resorted thither, there being near the water a thicket of small trees, where he did hide himself in the daytime from the searches of the king.
6 And it came to pass that as many as believed him went thither to hear his words.
If I'm friends with the person even if only for a minute. It makes a big difference in how I am treated etc. Hence I like trains buses. The stops for those. And parks. Your job. Is to become friends with people and share some truths. Bear testimony of it. And invite. Promise blessings. I often say to our African guys because it's true that you would be surprised how many people would be interested in our church etc. Because I will go ahead and ask them and they are. So have some courage and try with as many people as you can. In the end everyone needs the gospel.
Battle dawn. Civilization
Ping pong maximize your strengths minimize your weaknesses
You can do splits with the missionaries.
Talk to your friends about the gospel. Some of the best conversations.
Who do you know?
Would be in interested in and benefit from the gospel message
Has an illness in the family
Recently moved
 Recently had a baby
Recently changed jobs
Who you want to become friends with
Who needs your help
Talk to strangers. Make more friends.
Pray for the missionaries.
Pray and ask God how you can do missionary work.
Stay strong in the church yourself
Raise your children in the gospel.
Please be proactive. 
Please change something for the better starting today. Anziano Davis and I are here to help you. 
If you love Jesus Christ. You will do missionary work. This is a way we show our love for him. If we want to use our time wisely, We will do missionary work. For me I procrastinated. But then I found. Some of the sweetest joy of being a missionary. If you do not feel the desire to do missionary work I invite you to repent. Don't be like my family. Change something today. Shall we not go on in so great a cause.
Alma and his brethren. That Halloween party
1 And now it came to pass that as Alma was journeying from the land of Gideon southward, away to the land of Manti, behold, to his astonishment, he met with the sons of Mosiah journeying towards the land of Zarahemla.
2 Now these sons of Mosiah were with Alma at the time the angel first appeared unto him; therefore Alma did rejoice exceedingly to see his brethren; and what added more to his joy, they were still his brethren in the Lord; yea, and they had waxed strong in the knowledge of the truth; for they were men of a sound understanding and they had searched the scriptures diligently, that they might know the word of God. 
Promise blessings my testimony

We went to Bologna today and it was a complete success. I got two pair of shoes for free from a missionary going home soon. Anziano miles. One of the pairs is super nice. I got some things to give to my guys as well. And I got a few things at the end of the sales season here in Italy. We went to the American base with the Moores yesterday. And I guess brother Moore is super into fashion. I tried to pay attention and learn from him. But in the end. As Sum41 says: I don't have the patience or the time, What can I say. We had a good time though in Bologna. I got to meet some new people etc. This Saturday we will get news on if we stay or if we will leave Vicenza. I hope I will stay. It is really nice here. Things are going ok. I'm kind of excited for a bit of change as things need a spice to pick up.
Have a great week.

I hail you,
Anziano Gridley

No comments:

Post a Comment