Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Look Mom, No Legs!

Buon di tutti,

Hope is what your after.. I can't take it and turn it into rain.

This week has been pretty crazy. And I don't mean that I beat another missionary in a hot dog eating contest and won some pretty awesome shoes kind of crazy, though this did happen. (It gets really hard to swallow after a while without water, so the fact I beat him by a hot dog was impressive because every bite hurt).



On Saturday Anziano Galli was on our balcony the Novara missionaries were at our apartment for the night for church the next day. Anziano Taylor closed the door on Anziano Galli. There are two doors, so Anziano Galli thought that Anziano Taylor was going to shut the other door as well leaving him outside... He wasn't going to do that.. Anziano Galli hurried to the other door and tried to push it open.. He pushed on the glass of this big door.. Just on the glass. The glass broke. He then slipped onto the glass. And fell. I was sitting down waiting to brush my teeth because I thought Anziano Galli was going to take a shower. My first thought was Anziano Galli.. You broke the glass ya dumb. He then had two huge gashes in his legs.. And the next ten seconds were a bit of a blur. I was just sitting down I had not signed up for that and was pretty surprised. Anziano Galli had made a two second mistake. We got towels and tried to keep pressure on the cuts.. And Anziano Taylor got an ambulance to come. Anziano Galli is really tough.. He was really brave. They took him to the vercelli hospital.. Which isn't that good of a hospital so they took him to Milan on Sunday and he had his operation and has been here in vercelli again on Monday. President poured his frustration a bit I think into our apartment so I have been making things perfect here as he is mostly bed bound. I wasn't sicked out as Anziano Galli lost 23% of his blood.. So either I can handle that stuff or I was just surprised and wasn't thinking about that stuff. A paramedic lady was having a lot of trouble staying calm with the blood. She picked the wrong job haha.

The missionary work has slowed down this week because of this accident though.. We did have one lesson down stairs with Marcus Godstime and Paulo. It went really well. Paulo is our ward mission leader and he is fabulous. Anziano Galli will be fine. I was a bit shaken the next day but I am fine now.

Usually I feel better when I follow a mission rule or a commandment.. Then when I am not... I have made quite a few mistakes out here but I am hoping I have figured it out and will be improved by it all.. I'll feel better with time and change.

Anziano Galli and I are getting along better now.. We hadn't been getting along crazy crazy well before the accident.. And I apologized to him about that while we were waiting for an ambulance.. It is true.. Crazy experiences or just experiences bring people closer together. I have gotten a lot better at Italian recently. I have been trying to help Anziano Galli as I would hope.. Kyler Sparrow's companion would help him out if an accident happened. Or mom or something.. We are all connected. Another missionary did a hamburger challenge.. And this missionary had a condition where he was not supposed to eat a lot of meat.. And he tore his esophagus.. And was coughing up blood and almost died.. Anziano Galli's story is only slightly better. God has been very merciful to me.. The Holy Ghost has been very strong.

I got a haircut the other day.. My hair was too long. I tried to have Marcus give me a haircut.. (He is a barber).. But a fourth of the way through the clippers I had brought quit working.. Dang it. I had to go to a barber place and have it fixed... Anziano Galli got a huge kick out of it.. I found it less funny.

We had a conference with a member of the seventy in Milan a week ago. I really liked it. I got inspired by a lot of things, and hopefully I will be helped long term wise from this conference. A story he told was of this amazing missionary where he was a branch president in England. (Hard place for baptisms). He made the goal with the missionaries to double the size of the branch (30 people more) by the end of the year. The missionaries a week later asked him to pray about a name of street.. That they would go to that street the next day for all of the day.. And that a baptism would follow. The president prayed with his wife and got a sure answer.. These elders did find a baptism the next day. By the end of the year the branch had been doubled.

He told it much better than I did.. But it was a great conference.. He mentioned how two of the twelve died from ceaselessly working and how they are all working so hard to try to help people.. And how we should try to do better. He also told us to stop worrying.

You've been pushing on a pull door.

The invincible maid missionary power ranger,
Anziano Gridley

Ps: We have been inside for three days due to he can't walk.. So this is being sent a little later than normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment