Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Blitzkrieg to Bollzano and Back

Dear Family and Friends,
Life is too short not to feel comfortable with the ones you love.

Bolzano - Bozen (german)
As I talked about last letter we have been teaching a man named Steven who is pretty stubborn about what he believes. We have made big progress with him since we started to meet with him.. hopefully he will start to read the Book of Mormon and what not. We might have to drop him in a few lessons.. but I am grateful that we have been able to teach him. It kind of woke me up to how much I really like missionary work.. and talking about spiritual things. Kind of helped me have a wake up call.

We ate at a members house last night.. Scott and Kelly who are two red heads from the United States.. they are really nice and a good addition to the ward.
I went to Bolzano yesterday for a scambio with Anziano Evans. We taught four lessons while I was there which was really good. He is from Canada and is a really solid guy. He treated me to Gelato... I got dark chocolate and pear (flavors) it was really good. He is a really good example to me.. He should be finishing his mission in about four months. Bolzano is kind of like Trento.. but a lot more Germans live there.. The mountains are really pretty. It is kind of the one half German city for missionaries that is in the mission.. so that is kind of good.. Unfortunately I was not able to practice all of the German I have learned from WW2 movies and video games.
We played a little bit of ping pong in Bolzano. It is a good thing I retired a few years ago.

It was fun to talk to y'all. Thank you for the letters this last week. We should be getting Ipads.. 

I finally gave my talk last Sunday.. It went really well.. I got lots of compliments on it.. I sort of free styled it.. which was pretty impressive since I gave it in Italian. I used the scriptures a lot.. and just went off on different topics as I felt I should.
We are going to a Castle here in Trento later today. 

James 2
14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though man say he hath faithand have not works? can faith save him?
 15 If brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
 16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
 17 Even so faithif it hath not worksis dead, being alone.
 18 Yea, man may say, Thou hast faith, and have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and will shew thee my faith by my works.

I really like this scripture about faith.. it helps us see how faith is good and how it can be useless.. I hope that you can see my testimony more from my works than from what I say. I invite you to utilize your faith in a new endeavor that would be good.. Start a new work with your faith. Have a great week.

Welcome to Sam.. I am Utah.

With Love,
Anziano Gridley

No comments:

Post a Comment