Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Of Pasta Shock and Interpretive Dancing

Dear Family and Friends,

Never trust a beautiful woman. Especially one who is interested in you.


Anziano Delgados birthday is today... and hence we had a victory nap this afternoon. It has been raining this P-day.. so we haven't been too interested in going to go do anything.

For my upcoming birthday... in missionary apartments (at least in the Elders ones in Italy) there is generally a lot of cool stuff.  Example... Anziano Delgado bought a brand new coat before he left on his mission. It was a little too big for him.. so he left it in his first city. Hence I kind of got some free nice, almost brand new gifts for myself this upcoming month. I fixed these shoes that are super sweet and sick and that fit me really good. The only problem was there was a bejewled 
Editor's addition.  Not Anziano Gridley's actual shoes.  :)
skull on the side of each of the shoes. I took off the jewels which took a while.. but they are pretty dang nice. I have this super nice green brown coat. It reminds me of the old camo coat I used to wear if any of you remember... but this is super nice.. and is going to be great for camping and what not when I come home. It looks a bit awkward when we are finding.. but I have patience. A silk tie.. and some funny looking suspenders. Some of this stuff I wouldnt buy. But it is really nice for being free. 

Moral of the story... Pay your tithing.. And serve a mission.

We have been where we have been needed often this last week. We have ran into members and investigators often on the street. We ran into Paulo Cibin three times this last week. It has been really nice to be able to feel the spirit strongly and often again. (Since the Mtc). I have a firm testimony of the holy ghost. It is a real thing. For those of you who have seen The District 2.. A missionary kind of movie thing. I am sort of becoming like Anziano Christianson.. (Italian is ruining my spelling life)... and it has been really nice to be doing what I can for people out here.

We found a woman on the street a few weeks ago. We finally met her in a formal lesson yesterday. There was a girl that was high on drugs that came to the church for a lesson with the other Anziani. but the other Anziani were not at the church.. while we were arriving with this woman..  Elisibetta. Anziano Delgado handled the situation while I was just talking to this really amazing woman. She was very patient. We taught her everything and she is basically one of those prime people ready for the gospel. She found it strange that people did not listen to use as missionaries more. We should be baptizing her May 9th.. unless something crazy happens.. but Anziano Delgado and I are very excited. She reminds me a bit of Aunt Becky. She has just a really good soul. She and her husband are seperated.. so we were going to have to give her to the sisters to teach... but we called the mission president.. because we knew we could teach her with a male member every lesson at the church etc.. and what not... and we got permission to keep teaching her. You may pray for her if you would like. We have a lot of hope for Elisibetta. 

I have kind of lost my appetite the last few days. Which may be a good thing I don't know. There are red oranges here in Italy.. that have so much juice they are red. Those are nice. There is pasta.. with amazing ragu.. chicken. There is not fast food here... not like America at least. The food here is kind of like America.. just a little bit different and better. Italians know how to eat.

Don't tell Grandpa and Grandma Low.. but I have gone a year without drinking soda... A pretty good decision I feel. 

I have finished the Old Testament, which was really good book to read. I have started to read the New Testament.. a bit slowly as I am checking the foot notes for good things as I go. I am really loving reading it right now. One thing that stuck out to me was..
24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.  
25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.  
26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the wholeworld, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?


I can become as skilled at a lot of things.. have endless money.. lots of cars.. everything.. the world... but what good does it do in exchange for my soul. Hence we should follow the commandments.. even if something else may be good.. for example you go camping with your family every Sunday. It isn't bad and I am sure it is fun.. but it isn't worth exchanging that for your soul type of a thing.. but on a little less scale. Also note how Jesus doesn't care how well you take up your cross... that is never an issue. You could be the worst cross carrier ever and he still wants you to take up your cross. The point is to be trying to improve and to become better. 

Anyways I found this as a wake up call a few days ago.

Easter is coming up..as is general conference. I would invite you to watch general conference this upcoming month. 
(Amos 3:7) Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.
It isn't in the bible for laugh and giggles. Watch General Conference=).
Life is good.. I wish y'all the best and that all works out for ya. 

Buona Vita.  The best defense is a good offense.

With Love,Anziano Gridley

No comments:

Post a Comment