Wednesday, March 11, 2015

I want the Truth, You can't handle the Truth

Dear Family and Friends,
You are just jealous that I have been preaching the gospel... All day.
 Besides we all know that I am training to become a cage fighter.

Last Wednesday was really funny. I mentioned that we were going to go play basketball. We went and played, I did pretty good the first game, less good the second... because I got two big blood blisters on the balls of my feet (one to a foot). I thought something was in my shoe and hence was kind of irratated, by the friction on my feet. I have never had a blood blister before so I didn't know I was getting them, and nothing was wrong with my shoes in the MTC haha. I couldn't really put pressure on the blisters for the rest of that day and hence had to walk kind of funny. Which gave my legs a work out. They were a lot better the next day though. I see the irony of how mentioning in my last letter made this bound to happen.

Anziano Larson and I (my last collega), got offered some torta (pie) a little bit ago after a lesson. Anziano Larson thought it smelt a little funny so we checked the ingredients, and it seemed fine. The man also assured us that it was fine. We each had a slice of this cake. We found out later that the skim milk in this cake had alcohol in it. Terrible. I am not too happy about it and though it is a bit funny. I now dislike even more sugary goodies that kill you over time.

Anziano Delgado
Anziano Delgado has arrived. He is great. He is from Arizona, and really likes to sleep and work out. He loved video games before the mission. He went to BYU Idaho for a semester before his mission. I asked him if he knew Walker, and he probably doesn't. He kind of acts like Walker sometimes, which is really nice. He was super skinny about five months ago, but he has worked out for the last five months and now is definitely not skinny. He has been out here for about a year and nine months. He is also an Italian mago (wizard). He likes the card game "magic". He is trying to get me to buy some cards, but I told him.... no. He uses the black deck if anyone knows what that is haha. He is alright, there are some really cool things about him, and some less cool things about him, as with everyone I suppose.

Anziano Howel and a Sister (K) are in our district as well. Anziano Howel is super nice and cool. He is always nice to people, and whenever he speaks it feels like the spirit on a breeze on a beach. 

Can someone ask Katy what kind of shoes are the Italian shoes that she feels I should get... She seems like a pretty reliable source... and I might get some eventually (Anziano Delgado got two pair today). Some things in Italy are really cheap and some things are not. For instance with shoes. Fourty Euro for some pretty good shoes at a store in Alessandria. (Which is really good for Italy), and I think we got me some back home for one hundred fifty dollars each back home. You just got to use smart descretion when shopping. There was a sign in a store for a while that said. It is time to a shopping... us missionaries got a pretty big laugh at that.

(If you would like to not read this part you dont have to.. I just found it funny). Anziano brought a scale to our apartment... I had not weighed myself since I had left on my mission. I have been taking pretty good care of myself though so I wasnt super worried or anything... I have gained at least twenty pounds. Which is kind of strange to say the least. Maybe I am just a little freaked out because I am getting close to being as chunky as Dad. (Editors note: That wasn't a very Christlike comment!!!!)  Anyways I was a little bewildered, and have been being extra health conscious.

Anziano Delgado works out quite a bit and drinks protein whatevers. This is something I admire a lot about him, and kind of gave me a new push to go at it. Mom last email talked a bit about investing our time, and I will probably invest a bit in this endeavor. I feel that if you can self master your body, you can more easily have selfmastery over your spirit. It is healthy, and if our bodies truly are temples... we should probably take care of them. It has been really good... and we will see what happens. I still feel that being strong spiritually etc.. is more important than being strong physically... but if Miley Cyrus can have the best of both worlds.. why cant I.

Remember to follow the prophet. If he says to do something.. and you do the complete opposite of what he has said. You are asking for big trouble. (My source is the Bible).

I have been reading the Bible quite a bit, and there is quite a bit about how the Jews are going to be taken captive by Babylon etc. The Book of Mormon is really set up perfectly. If anyone is well versed in the Bible they should be able to see it. We dont talk about that part of how the Book of Mormon came to be so much on the streets due to the fact it is a bit complex... but if you are too lazy to read it.. know from me that the Book of Mormon is set up to be a true story based off the Bible.. and that I know that the Book of Mormon is true.

I am going to try to go Hulk Gridley this next little while. No one will like me when I am angry. Scherzo (I joke). But yeah.. trying to go Alto Gioco by becoming the Hulk would be awesome. I have high expectations for myself and I try to get closer to completing them over time. I just need to act in the end.

I have been thinking a bit this last while about what it means to be Tough. Not only Tough.. but to be Christian Tough. I think of the pioneers and how they had frostbite.. and other fun things.. but they kept on going. That is tough. Including myself I feel that sometimes us members and even missionaries could follow their example a little bit better. On point however... worldly tough of being a jerk to lots of people and getting even with people who you dont get along with is not the best type of tough. I have found the Christianity takes you to a whole new level of being tough. Our church teaches to be thankful always.. especially when things are going poorly. That is as tough as you get right there haha. To forgive others always.. to control your temper.. love your enemies.. serve others.. live a good life.. and the list goes on. Jesus taught to follow commandments.. and not only to keep the commandments.. but to not even think about breaking them.. and if you think of breaking a commandment (overly).. you have already broken it. It is not easy. It takes a tough person to be able to do that. I am saying that if you want a challenge... if you want to become a better person.. to reach your potential.. to leave behind the best legacy you can.. this church is for you. 

The LDS church will change and help you for the better. It will make you an uncanny tough that not even CharIzard can compete with. If you aren't that tough yet. Don't be discouraged.. you just have to evolve yourself like Pokemon to that level. It takes time etc. Know the God loves you.. and if you keep the commandments it will all work out. I am grateful for this great experience to become tougher by being a christian and a missionary.

Do you think anyone thinks I am a failure.. because I go home to stern at night? Forget about it! 

With Love,
Anziano Gridley

No comments:

Post a Comment