Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Kings and Pawns. Emperors and Fools.

Salve Family and Friends,

Kings and Pawns. Emporers and Fools.

Thank you for the letters and the candy. It was really nice to get those yesterday. Pero do not send me more candy. I will eat it and become a big balloon of chubby. So please do not give me diabetes anymore.

We had a Zone training yesterday. I learned about teaching to find, and choices determine destiny.

Alberto the Ecuador husband should be baptized next Saturday. Which is super duper exciting. We taught him everything and he is all for it. If you would like pray for him. It would be a good thing.

Zone Conference, Yay!
They way to say COME ON in Italian is Dai. Which means You Give. So if something doesn't go your way or you are a bit frustrated you just say "Oh Dai". Its a very common phrase type thing... and I've sort of picked up on it. haha

I've been really happy this last bit. This gospel is happy, the essence of the gospel is love. A few especially wonderful moments have been when I've made a connection with an investigator, or they see that I really do care about them. The moments when I really love them. Those are good.

A thought... do you think Ether was a bad missionary? He converted basically no one. No one. Yet I believe he was a good missionary. We let outward non positive results get us down. Others have their agency. It's not all Gods fault despite what people may tell you.

Elder Larson
The way we often try to start talking to people on the street is. we ask a question like... "Do you believe in Jesus Christ?" People really do cast him as a thing of naught. Remember to defend him and try to be nicer to strangers than people who are nice even though they don't believe in Jesus.

2 Nephi 4:26

26 O then, if I have seen so great things, if the Lord in his condescension unto the children of men hath visited men in so much mercywhy should my heart weep and my soul linger in the valley of sorrow, and my flesh waste away, and my strength slacken, because of mine afflictions?

For Gans we read the end verses of 2 Nephi 4. We then put negative and positive things that Nephi said from the verses. There were a lot more positive things than negative things. Showing really that life is worth it. Even though its not always a walk in the park. We should have faith like Nephi instead of being fearful like Laman and Lemuel. Try keeping true perspective and it should be easier to be happy.

There is really good talk that I have liked from last general conference.

I like the talk itself... the Elder speaking speaks with no emotion really.. but what he says when I first heard it took me by a big surprise.

He talks about living the gospel in fear is no fun and is completely unnecessary. Listening to the negative (Satan's voice) inside your head. When Satan wants you to sin he tries to put distance between you and God. So stay close to him. He suggests 6 ways to improve life and to help get rid of his voice. ( So that we can approach the throne of God with more confidence.


  1. Take responsibility for your own spiritual well being. (Stop making excuses etc (trust you me... everyone and their dog has excuses and its honestly not an OK reason though.. You should not be too busy for Jesus.)
  2. Take responsibility for your own body. (Your body effects your spirit... so take care of it).
  3. Embrace whole-hearted obedience. (Yes my little siblings.. this includes obeying Mom and Dad. Go do the dishes Jonas. Thank you.)
  4. Become really really good at repenting. (We can repent everyday all the time so why not do so).
  5. Become really really good at forgiving. (Forgive everyone and don't hold grudges.)
  6. Accept trails setbacks and surprises as part of your mortal experience. (Remember we are here to be tried and tested. Millions of our brothers and sisters are and have been tested... why should you be excused. Acknowledge and face your weaknesses. But don't be immobilized by them. Because some of them will by with you until you die.)

Snow the size of my face

If we are grateful and have faith, hope, and charity, we should be happy and doing good works (things) as a concequence.
I'm very grateful I'm here in Italy right now. Helping myself by helping others. It is great.

I invite you to gain more Faith, Hope, and Charity this week. Also try the six points to destroying the ring of evil power.

I hope you may be uplifted by this email, and that you may find comfort. I have found faith out here. I'm praying for y'all and hope everything works out for you. Remember. There is no spoon. So be happy =).

To remember better days.

With Love,
Anziano Gridley

No comments:

Post a Comment