Monday, September 19, 2016

Letters from Siblings

Dear Austin,

Hi!  We had a great weekend this past few days.  We went up to Logan for the Top of Utah Marathon.  Dad, Sam, and the scouts were at mile 15 to volunteer.  Also Jacob came and Grandma and Grandpa Low.  It felt so good to have all of that support there.  Dad got some good pictures.  I hope he sends them to you.  Sam was so cute.  He had a big water sign and would twirl it around like the guys who hold the pizza signs on the street corner.  He's got a future in that.  Also Jacob coached him that when guy with no shirt on came through the aid station, Sam would say, "Nice abs!"  He is too funny!  I ran with my friend Suzi.  We stayed together about 17 miles so that was really nice.  She got a little quicker then me but I got a 4:02 which is my fastest time so far this year.  It was nice weather and just a good day to run. I am all kinds of sore today though.  Jacob was also cute with Grandpa after.  Grandpa couldn't get a cot to fold up and Jacob said, "Aren't you an eagle scout, Grandpa?"  It's nice that someone can think of some funny way to tease Grandpa since he's always teasing everyone else so good.  I was so happy Jacob came too.  Grandma and Grandpa came and cheered every couple miles.  What fun cheerleaders I had!



We had stake conference this week and there were some really good thoughts shared.

Isaac, Lucy and Jonas doing baptisms at Ogden temple

There was a theme of rescue.  The most famous rescue in our church history was in 1856 when Brigham Young sent back a rescue party to get the Willy and Martin Handcart company.  In fact, he cancelled conference and sent people to prepare and leave to help.  
“‘The sweetest experience I know in life is to feel a prompting and act upon it, and later find out that it was the fulfillment of someone’s prayer or someone’s need. And I always want the Lord to know that if He needs an errand run, Tom Monson will run that errand for Him.’ That is a pattern that each of us should want to follow.”
That was partly a quote from President Monson.  For a successful rescue, just like the pioneers it must be an
**Immediate response
**Persistent effort
I know you are on the Lord's errand and I try to be as well.  People are in a parched, desolate wilderness.  It is our job to rescue them.  As Lindsey said, when you are trying to share a microwave with people who have never seen one before, they are content with their oven.  But you have so much more to offer them.  Read her letter this week.

I am teaching 4th grade today at Bluffridge.  That is Oliver's grade so I get to see him and Sam at lunch.  I love that.  It is a pretty chill day.  

Looking forward to seeing your bright cheery face!  
Love You Aust!
xoMOMxo💙💙💙💙💙

hey austin i won my game on saturday it was 6 to 26  we crushed if we did not win we would only have 2 more games now there is a good chance that we will have atleast 3 more games im excited i hope we win alot of games im gonna sign up for hockey next year we think i hope. Isaac

from oliver
Hi austin umm i had a football game yesterday we lost sadly we versed kaysville I played alot 


From Jonas
Dear Austin I have started soccer and i am ok at it. i have scored 1 goal out of 2 games. i have won both games so far. My team is nice. I have been doing good on my scriptures. In seminary we did an alms. So a good deed. i gave a big treat to my person. everyone was assigned a person. LOVE YOU. 

From sam booya booya the world is mine to take hows life is it fn or boring? WHAT are u doing right now try to write that on your letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment